We ended April with Scott's graduation and my birthday. I'm so proud of Scott he worked hard and did well! President Monson spoke at his graduation and talked about how important attitude is in life.We had a great party at his moms house.
My birthday this year was full of eating out and family. Scott parents took me out with Scott and Chloe then Crystal and my mom took me out. Both meals were AMAZING.
In May we celebrated Chloe's birthday, started remodeling and I had quite the surprise. On Chloe's birthday we took her to Burger King for lunch where we had her try ice cream for the first time.
I then took her to Wal-Mart where she pointed out the toys she wanted and so we ended up with a singing cow and almost a Tickle Me Elmo, but I decided that would be a little too much. That night I couldn't bake her a cake so I bought Little Debs cupcake. We set her down for dinner than introduced her to the cub cake. She picked all the white curly frosting off and then realized that the cub cake was squishy. It took all of a minute and half to make the cup cake unrecognizable. She started to test it out and realized she REALLY
loves chocolate! On memorial day we invited both sides of the family over to celebrate her birthday and thank everyone for all their help with moving us and fixing up our house. We made Cafe Rio Sweet Pork burritos/ salads. It turned out way good and I think we can call the meal a success. Chloe had a blast herself, which was great because I know many little kids usually get overwhelmed by all the crazy partying. She enjoyed it all. She again had some wonderful Chocolate cake and made a huge mess and enjoyed it. We handed out bubbles to all the kids and had chalk for the kids to play with. She crawled all over the chalk drawing and had a cute little rainbow pattern all over her jeans. About a week before her birthday party she took her first step and a couple days after the party she decided to be adventurous and walk without any encouragement. Now she only crawls if she's trying to get her head knocked by the kitchen table.
The remodeling on the kitchen has been exciting because we were able to get those ugly orange and blue cabinets out of the kitchen. It's been tough because I have been without a kitchen sink and oven for two months ughhhh. However, patience is a virtue and I'm finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel because tomorrow Scott is going to cut the hole for the sink out of the counter (which is all glued and screwed to the cabinets). It also SOUNDS like I will have an oven soon after the 23rd.
So, now for the surprise... little ol' me was called into the bishops office to find out some news that floored me to say the least. The bishop asked me to be the RS prez. WHAT? WHO, ME????? I had one of those moments where I wondered WHAT is the man upstairs thinking. That is just scary, I'm not a good leader, I'm not inspirational....doubt after doubt entered my mind. I felt pretty stressed and very anxious. I continued to feel that way until I figured out who the Lord wanted as in my presidency. I realized I'm not alone in this. I have wonderful support from the sisters in the ward, I have counselors who have strengths where I don't and see things I won't, and most importantly I have the Lord who can do amazing things with even someone as weak as me. I also thought of my mission and how even though we as missionaries were so young and unexperienced, the Lord was still able to work through us and we were able to instruments in his hands. I just need faith, and the motivation to work hard for the Lord. I feel the weight of my calling, but I feel the love of the Lord. I know it's going to be hard and I'm NOT going to be perfect in my calling, but I have faith that if I do my best the Lord will make up the rest. I began to get a greater understanding for the atonement and realized how pointless my life would be without it, and what I can overcome and become with it. With the atonement we can be healed from the injustices in our lives, with the atonement we can overcome the inadequacy which are in our lives. With the atonement happiness is possible for everyone. Through the process of repentance we become better and through forgiveness we are able to heal and feel at peace. Without repentance we are pretty sad creatures and without forgiveness we become pretty bitter and full of guilt. I think of the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants that says the pain that the Savior had to suffer for us caused him "to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit--and would that [He] might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink..." If He is willing to do that for me shouldn't I be willing to do whatever He wants me to do. I need to be strong because he was strong for me and I don't want his suffering for me to be in vain.


I can't believe how big Chloe has gotten! You will make a great Relief Society president. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWow, so much happening in your family! The Lord will truly bless you and your family in your new and busy calling! You are one of the most considerate and compassionate people I know, He made a good choice. Looking forward to hearing more as time goes by! Love, Joellen
ReplyDeleteOh, my goodness! We need to catch up! I have been thinking of you lately, and surprised at how quickly this year has flown by! Congrats on graduation-it's great to have your husband around more! And what a calling! I know you'll do great. You are an amazing woman and I'm so glad to know you! I still need to come see your new place! Hope you are well, and hope to see you and talk to you soon!
ReplyDelete