The Chantry's
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Allergy Appointment
So, we had Chloe's 2nd allergy appointment last week. I actually didn't even blog about the first visit, so here's a quick little recap. The first visit they did a skin test and decided that eggs and nuts were two very definite allergies. The dr said that because Chloe would not drink milk that she was probably intolerant to milk so she advised us to eliminate milk from her diet. She said that wheat was questionable but said that we would see how she looked in 6 mo. So, six months later (last week) the dr looked at her skin and was pretty happy with how clear her skin was. I've been doing everything she said to, but noticed that the more wheat she had (and especially gluten) the more she'd break out. So, with that in mind I had taken some wheat foods out of her diet. I've pretty much eliminated bread, but I give her crackers and tortilla's. Anyway, the dr sent us down to the lab so they could do a blood test and they called later with the results. They said that she is mildly allergic to wheat and suggested that I continue to do what I've been doing. One big question I was hoping to get answered was what types of chemicals or environmental things make her break out. I've noticed that she is very sensitive to soaps. She told me that she is too young to test her for soaps, but she suggested that I wash her hair with soap and let the soap run down her back. She said not to put it directly on her or even in her bath water and to only bathe her 2-3 times a week. I had pretty much been doing that except that I would put it in the water. So, Chloes misses those bubbles, but I do think her skin is slightly better then it was before her dr's appointment and every little bit of improvement makes her and me happier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment